Deadline: 28 May 2021 (Annual)
Study in: UK
Course starts Fall 2021
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarship is available to citizens of select countries seeking full-time master’s degrees delivered through Scottish universities, in the areas of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare, and medical sciences, renewable energy, and renewable energy.
The scholarships are designed to attract students who aim to become influential leaders and that are enthusiastic about the challenges that face us while in Scotland, as well as who want to broaden their personal and academic experience.
Level/Field(s) of study:
A master’s degree in a science, technology, creative industries, healthcare and medical sciences, renewable and clean energy can be earned at Scottish universities, including many distance-learning courses.
Examples of subject ares include:
• Science – e.g. Earth Sciences; Environment; Energy; Geology; Weather and Climate; Plants/Botany; Animals/Zoology.
• Technology – e.g. Software; Engineering; Bioinformatics; Information; Systems; Multimedia; Engineering; Computers.
• Creative industries – e.g. Communications, Media and Culture; Broadcasting; Film; Animation; Journalism; Cultural; Publishing; New Media Studies; Computer Games / Computer Arts; Design; Graphic; Industrial; Interior; Fashion.
• Healthcare and medical sciences – e.g. Physical and Life Sciences; Astronomy; Chemistry; Physics; Biology; Health Sciences; Biotechnology.
• Renewable and clean energy -e.g. Sustainable Engineering; Renewable Energy; Biomass / Bio fuels; Hydro / Solar / Tidal / Wind power.
Number of Scholarships:
Up to 50
Nationals of the following countries: Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan, and USA are not permitted to enter.
Each of the awards is worth £8000 to be used towards tuition fees for a full year of fulltime study of a postgraduate Masters programme at one of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
Further costs and expenses belong to the student.
– Possess a conditional or unconditional acceptance of a spot at a Scottish university on an eligible course which will be offered either in person or via distance learning, or at the earliest opportunity.
Citizen of Canada, India, Japan, USA, Pakistan, or China (Hong Kong citizens can also be considered as it is a Special Administrative Region of China).
It is essential that they demonstrate that they can afford to live in Scotland and pay the remaining tuition fees.
• Not have studied in Scotland previously.
A Saltire Scholar must not have previously received a Silver Medallion Scholarship.
• Complete the language requirements of the course.
The application form should be completed and submitted by 28 May 2021 .
Applicants must have a burning desire to participate in Scotland and/or a Scottish university in order to work and study globally and become a leader in their chosen career. Students will be required to demonstrate willingness and appropriate interpersonal and communication skills to participate in the programme of activities that is part of the scholarships.
An objective requirement for applying for the Saltire Scholarship is a conditional or unconditional offer for admission to a Scottish university on an eligible course. Application forms are due on May 28th, 2021 so please submit them through the website accompanied by the unique reference number you’ve been given from your Scottish university.
This scholarship application form is available on the official website (link found below) for more detailed information.