University of Twente
Deadline: 1 Feb/1 May 2021 (annual)
Study in: Netherlands
Course starts Sept 2021
UTS Scholarships are open to outstanding students both from the European Union and outside the EU who are applying for a master programme at the University of Twente.
University of Twente, The Netherlands
Level/Field(s) of study:
Qualifying Master’s Programmes offered at the University:
- · Applied Mathematics
- · Applied Physics
- · Biomedical Engineering
- · Business Administration
- · Business Information Technology
- · Chemical Engineering
- · Civil Engineering and Management
- · Communication Science
- · Computer Science
- · Construction Management and Engineering
- · Educational Science and Technology
- · Electrical Engineering
- · Embedded Systems
- · Environmental and Energy Management
- · European Studies
- · Health Sciences
- · Industrial Design Engineering
- · Industrial Engineering and Management
- · Interaction Technology
- · Mechanical Engineering
- · Nanotechnology
- · Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society
- · Psychology
- · Public Administration
- · Sustainable Energy Technology
- · Systems and Control
Number of Scholarships:
Student from non-EU/EEA countries and European Union students (see the list on the official website)
For one year, the scholarship ranges in value from €3,000 to €22,000. In the event of a two-year study program, students can benefit from a second UTS of same amount when they meet the process requirements.
For a UTS, candidates must complete the following requirements:
Regardless of your scholarship program eligibility, a student must also obtain an admission letter from the University of Twente before applying for an UT scholarship.
You have been (provisionally) accepted into one of the qualifying Master programmes starting in the academic year 2021/2022. Please note: It may be up to 8 weeks before you receive the results.
• You must have a student number.
• You have not graduated from a UT graduate programme;
• You operate your travel/boarding system in line with the requirements to obtain a visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
• You meet the academic requirements for the EALTS (IELTS) academic test of 6.5 (TOEFL iBT of 90) and a further subscore of 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20).
• You are not eligible for a Dutch study loan;
A student who meets this criteria is awarded the University Twente Scholarship. This typically means they belong to the top five to ten percent in their class.
Having applied for a master’s programme before you may apply for the scholarship. After receiving conditional admission letter, you can proceed to apply. The Round 1 application deadline is 1 February 2021, while the Round 2 application deadline is 1 May 2021.
You should visit the official website (link found below) to begin the application process and to find detailed information about applying for this scholarship.